The two-day (Oct. 27-28) conference in Diyarbakır on "The Crisis in The Middle East and Democratic Nation for Its Solution" called by a group of politicians and NGO representatives releases a final communique, focusing on the negative impacts of the isolation of the jailed Kurdish leader Öcalan on the democratic future of the Middle East and Turkey.
Convened in the Demir Hotel conference hall, in Sur District, the conference was attended by prominent politicans and sivil society leaders including Peoples' Democratic Pary (HDP) co-chairs Pervin Buldan and Sezai Temelli, HDP Honorary Chair Ertuğrul Kürkçü, Democratic Society Congress co-chair Berdan Öztürk, Peoples' Democratic Congress co-spokespersons Gülistan Kılıç Koçyiğit and Onur Hamzaoğlu and Greater Mardin co-Mayor Ahmet Türk.
The final communique
Introduced by HDP Honorary Chair Ertuğrul Kürkçü the final communique reads:
* The conference underlines that the existing state of chaos which is a reflection of the crisis of capitalist modernity leads to massive destruction and devastation in economic, ecological, social spheres particularly for women; and having thoroughly elaborated the crisis of nation-state in the Middle East as the major cause of the ongoing chaos our conference observes that the crisis while forcing all of the actors within this geography to transform, also directs the peoples for a quest for an exit out of the chaos for survival.
The isolation of Öcalan
* Having elaborated the solution of the Kurdish Question as part of the quest for an exit out of the ongoing chaos our conference deems the absolute isolation imposed on Öcalan -who, among all related actors, has suggested the most sensible, constructive, and realistic proposals concerning a solution- unacceptable and as a revengful act against him.
* Our conference with great import states that the system of isolation in the İmralı Island also isolates the Turkish law and the country's future, that it serves for rapid institutionalization of fascism in Turkey; and that in regard of its international consequences the reflections of this isolation in the Middle East causes great damages to the peoples as shown by the events in Syria and Rojava.
* Our conference, in opposition to the efforts for deepening the crisis and exploiting it in order to reinforce the hegemony through meetings like that of the quadripartite summit in Istanbul attended by Turkey, France, Germany and Russia upholds Öcalan's democratic nation solution as the main solution to the crisis.
* Our conference observing the great import of the particular role to be played by Öcalan in order to conclude the war and crisis situation in the Middle East in favor of the peaceful and democratic future of the peoples deems the lifting of the absolute isolation on Öcalan and providing him free living and working conditions as an indispensable necessity.
The final communique also publicizes the resolutons that the conference:
* Endorses the democratic solution and peace based on and to be implemented through the will of the peoples of the Middle East.
* Refutes the criminalization of the actors, structures and processes related with the solution of the Kurdish question and with the Kurdish struggle.
* Deems it of utmost importance and recommends setting up an initiative in order to work for providing free working conditions for Öcalan
who has formulated the paradigm of peace and democratic nation solution for the Middle East.
* Deems national unity among Kurds necessary for a lasting peace for the solution to the Kurdish question and against colonialism.
* Calls all Kurdish political actors to convene the national unity conference.
* Deems it of utmost importance that a united democratic front is established across Turkey and the Middle East for a solution of the crisis
in favor of the peoples and for repelling fascism.
* Having observed that overcoming the sexist attitude erected against the women's freedom movement is not an issue confined only to
women calls on democratic mass organizations to fight against sexism. (EMK/EK)
Most Read Today
Council of Europe: Judgement of ECtHR is Binding for Turkey 21 November 2018
Erdoğan: I Warn Our European Friends 21 November 2018
TRIAL OF ACADEMICS 1 More Academic Given Suspended Prison Sentence of 1 Year, 3 Months 21 November 2018