Turkey is considering a U.S.-request to send thousands of peacekeepers to Iraq.
Ozkan said that along with 16 anti-war activists from Izmir, he had pressed charges to get the government's secret decree cancelled.
The file is being "examined" at the State Council for two months, Ozkan said.
"Why is the decree secret if it allows for the passage of humanitarian aid to Iraq through Turkey? Why can't the parliament take responsibility for its decisions?" asked Ozkan.
"I don't want Turkish troops to become occupiers in Iraq. And I don't believe that they would go for humanitarian aid and to contribute to democratization," said Alabora.
He called on all anti-war activists to fight against sending Turkish troops to Iraq.
Alkaya reminded of the efforts of anti-war activists to get the motion to allow U.S. troops in rejected on March 1.
"Political coercion is needed to keep Turkey out of the invasion of Iraq," said Alkaya.
"Democratic forces are acting irresponsibly by remaining divided," he said.
Ozkan: The government is continuing with illegal implementations
* On July 17, 2003, 20 others and I, pressed charges to get the "secret" decree of the Cabinet of Ministers cancelled. The secret decree is about "providing military, civilian and logistical support and facilities from Turkey," to the occupying forces in Iraq.
* It has been two months, and up to now, there has been no word from the State Council. The related department of the State Council is examining the file. As we pressed those charges, we claimed that a decree about a war couldn't be hidden from the public. We also claimed that our contribution to an invasion, which took place outside the United Nation's consent, would be illegal.
* The government should go public with the June 23, 2003 decree of the Cabinet of Ministers. It should also tell the public about the secret agreement signed with the United States on February 8, 2003.
Alkaya: The answer by Turkish people is being revised
* Everyone knows what Turkey would have to face if it becomes the bayonet of the American hegemony. You cannot act cunningly for too long in international politics. The Justice and Development Party (AKP) government cannot act cunningly anymore. To tell you the truth, I wonder how Ankara will overcome this mess.
* The anti-war activists should do whatever is necessary to keep Turkey out of the invasion of Iraq and even to get Turkey be against it.
Alabora: The U.S. should leave Turkey
* Opening of the air spaces is being discussed. But the main issue is sending Turkish troops to Iraq. All democratic forces should fight to prevent Turkey from sending troops to Iraq.
* I am against Turkish troops going to Iraq as occupiers. I don't believe excuses such as humanitarian aid, democratization and logistical support. Turkey should not send any troops to Iraq unless under a UN mandate.
* I want the United States to get out of Turkey as a whole. I want Turkey to be a totally independent country. (BB)
Most Read Today
Turkey Applies to Germany via Interpol for 848 Times in 797 Days 19 September 2018
Reduction in Conditions of Acquiring Citizenship of Turkey 19 September 2018
ECtHR to Hear Case of Osman Kavala in Accelerated Procedure 19 September 2018
Support for Osman Kavala by Academics From Around World 18 September 2018
24 Airport Workers Arrested 19 September 2018