Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor's Office made a written statement as to the bomb attack which took place on October 10 in Ankara and left more than 100 civilians dead.
In the statement, it was noted that the cell type organization "receiving orders from Islamice State (ISIS) in Syria plans acts across Turkey". Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu had said the attack was co-production of Islamice State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), and Democratic Union Party (PYD).
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had added Syrian military intelligence agency, al-Mukhabarat to the list.
The Prosecution statement indicates that the information have been gained by digital materials seized in the search carried out at some suspects' houses. Even though 5 percent of the digital material has been decoded so far, important information have been acquired from the materials.
The statement notes the organization in subject has formed a cell type organization model in Gaziantep which receives orders directly from ISIS in Syria. There are also strong evidence suggestion the organization is also responsible for attacks on HDP in Mersin and Adana, the bombing at HDP's Diyarbakır meeting and Suruç bomb attack.
The statement lists the motives behind the attack based on digital materials are listed as follows:
- Obstructing forming new government efforts by sabotaging forthcoming elections,
- By bombing their target group, provoking their marginal groups inside them to take it to the streets to cause riot,
- Legitimizing PKK's attacks on Turkey by ensuring the state to be held accountable for the bomb attack which they carried out,
- Intimidating Turkey by carrying out the attack in capital city of Ankara
- Extending terror acts to delay November 1 general elections. (AS/TK)
Click here to read the article in Turkish
Related bianet News
ANKARA MASSACRE Suspect of Ankara Massacre Claimed One of the ISIS Emirs 22 October 2015It was claimed that one of the perpetrators of Ankara Massacre was ISIS’s ...
Stories of Those Who Lost Their Lives in Ankara 13 October 2015We share the stories that we could find of the ones to call ...
Bombing at Ankara Peace Rally: 95 dead, 246 wounded 10 October 2015As corteges gather an explosion took place prior to Ankara Peace Rally. According ...