Istanbul’s 13th High Criminal Court accepted the Ergenekon indictment. Thus, the case with 86 suspects, of whom 47 are arrested, will be held on October 20.
Since there are so many accused the case will be held in Silivri Prison near Istanbul.
According to hurriyet.com.tr, the indictment was sent to Istanbul’s 13th High Criminal Court on July 14. A public lawsuit was filed against the accused for the crime of “terror”.
Some of the 86 accused in the indictment are facing the charge of assaulting the State Council and daily Cumhuriyet.
“Coup Diaries” are not included in the indictment
The “Coup Diaries” which were published in periodical Nokta and claimed to belong to former head of the Navy Özden Örnek are not in the 2455 page long indictment.
According to cnnturk.com, the crimes the accused will face are as follows:
- To form and manage an armed terrorist organization
- To become a member in an armed terrorist organization
- To aid an armed terrorist organization
- To use force and violence to destroy the government and the state of the Turkish Republic or prevent its working
- Instigating an armed uprising against the government of the Turkish Republic
- To have and explosives and instigate these crimes
- To openly provoke people to hatred and hostility
- To keep and use arms and to instigate this crime
- To instigate the assaults on the State Council and daily Cumhuriyet
- To obtain documents regarding the security of the state, to obtain personal data and to use record them.
- To instigate military to disobey the orders. (NZ/EZÖ/TB)
Related bianet News
More In Custody For Ergenekon Investigation 23 July 200826 people were taken into custody in connection with the Ergenekon investigation in ...
Most Read Today
EU Minister Çelik: Turkey Must be Full Member of EU 24 June 2016
6 Soldiers Killed in Mardin, Hakkari 24 June 2016