In a press briefing held yesterday (March 15), in response to journalists asking “Turkish foreign minister [Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu] stated that Turkey and US agreed on Manbij, that the Syrian Kurdish fighters, YPG, are going to leave the city. Is that your understanding?”, Spokesperson for the US State Department Heather Nauert said:
“It is not our understanding. We have a lot of conversations that we’re having with the Turkish Government at this point.
“We had a day and a half or a day worth of meetings last week with Turkish Government officials. We’re still working to reach an agreement with Turkey at this point and we’re not done talking with them”.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, Çavuşoğlu said, “Turkish and US troops will ensure the security in Afrin after YPG has withdrawn. The two countries will escort withdrawal of the YPG”. (PT/TK)
Most Read Today
Curfew in Siirt 18 September 2018
Support for Osman Kavala by Academics From Around World 18 September 2018
Turkey Applies to Germany via Interpol for 848 Times in 797 Days 19 September 2018
Workers Stage Protest at 3rd Airport, Gendarmerie Intervene In 14 September 2018
CHP MP Enis Berberoğlu Released 21 September 2018