Click to read the article in Turkish
The Turkish Statistical Institute (TUİK) has announced the new data on life expectancy at birth that is 78 years for the total population, 75.3 years for men and 80.7 years for women based on the annual population and mortality data of the 2014-2016 period.
In general, women lived longer than men and the difference in life expectancy at birth was 5.4 years.
The data of 2013 remained unchanged
Turkish Statistical Institute produced country-specific life tables officially for the first time in 2014 for both country and province level based on administrative registers referring the year 2013 by period life table methodology.
The life tables are published annually and the current calculation is made using the annual population and mortality data of the 2014-2016 period.
The data published in October 2015 remained mostly unchanged. According to this date, the highest life expectancy was seen in Dersim province in eastern and Muğla province in western Turkey.
Life expectancy by sex and age, 2014-2016
Life expectancy at birth was 78 years in Turkey
* Life expectancy at birth was 78 years for total population, 75.3 years for men and 80.7 years for women. In general, women lived longer than men and the difference in life expectancy at birth was 5.4 years.
Life expectancy at age 15 was 64.2 years
* For 15 year olds -persons at the minimum age to start working- the average remaining life expectancy was 64.2 years for total, 61.5 years for males and 66.8 years for females.
Life expectancy at age 30 was 49.6 years
* The average remaining life expectancy was 49.6 years for a person at age 30 in general. This life-span was 47.1 years for males while it was 52.1 years for females. The difference between life expectancy of males and females at this age was 5 years.
Life expectancy at age 50 was 30.5 years
* The average remaining life expectancy was 30.5 years for a person at age 50 in general. This life-span was 28.2 years for males while it was 32.7 years for females.
Life expectancy at age 65 was 17.8 years
* For 65 year olds, the average remaining life-span was 17.8 years for total, 16.1 years for males and 19.3 years for females. In other words, for 65 year olds, women were expected to live 3.2 years more than men on average. (HK/DG)
Most Read Today
Turkey Ranks 157th in Freedom of Press 25 April 2018
Prison Sentence for Journalist Küçükkaya, Attorney Okan 25 April 2018
Demand for Release of Can Kept in Detention for 78 Days 25 April 2018
52 MEN 52 WEEKS /16 PATRAK ESTUKYAN State Mindset is Against Women 25 April 2018