Click to read the article in Turkish
"[Saudi officials] have not answered the questions. We are expecting the answers as soon as possible. No one can escape from this responsibility," says Justice Minister Abdülhamit Gül, replying the questions posed by journalists today on the recent visit by the Saudi Head Prosecutor, related with the killing of Khashoggi in the Saudi Istanbul Consulate.
Gül told journalists that they are expecting the Saudi officials cooperate in the investigation for clarifying the Kashoggi murder case.
"Turkish justice posseses the capacity to clarify this incident in every aspect. Every detail will be revealed," he said.
Commenting on the inconlusive talks between the Saudi officials and Turkish counterparts "Saudi officials must support the investigation," Gül urged. "There was the demand for extradition [of the suspects in Saudi Arabia]. We are expecting that the demand is met. The authority to investigate and adjudicate belongs to Turkish justice. No doubt about that."
"A case involving the world public opinion can not be veiled. We are expecting the close cooperation of the Saudi officials for the thorough clarification of the case." he concluded.
Washington Post: "Fate of body still a mystery"
A columnist for the US based Washington Post newspaper, Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi citizen had disappeared after he stepped in the Istanbul Saudi Consulate on 2 Oct.. The Saudi Kingdom in a written statement on Oct. 20 had admitted that the journalist was killed inside the consulate. Khashoggi's fiancee Hatice Cengiz, a Turkish citizen, and his family alongside international institutions and governments are urging the whereabouts of Kashoggi's deceased body declared.
Washington Post, today runs a report based on sources from within the Turkish justice, claims that "Khashoggi's dismembered body was destroyed in acid on the grounds of the Saudi Consulate or at the nearby residence of the Saudi consul general. Biological evidence discovered in the consulate garden supports the theory that Khashoggi's body was disposed of close to where he was killed and dismembered" and urges that the mystery surrounding the jounalist's muder unveiled.
In a written statement yesterday, following the inconclusive talks with the Saudi delegation,"Jamal Khashoggi in accordance with a preconcieved plot was immediately strangled as soon as he stepped in the Saudi Istanbul Consulate on Oct. 2 and his deceased body again in accordande with the same plan had been dismembered and annihilated," İstanbul Head Prosecutor of the Republic shared their narrative of the Khashoggi's murder case. (AS/EK)
TURKISH PROSECUTORS' OFFICIAL NARRATIVE "Khashoggi Strangled and His Body Annihilated in the Saudi Istanbul Consulate" 31 October 2018After inconclusive talks with Saudi counterparts in Istanbul, Turkish prosecutors "deeming it compulsory ...
Related bianet News
Public Prosecutor of Saudi Arabia in İstanbul for Khashoggi Investigation 31 October 2018Public Prosecutor of Saudi Arabia Saud al-Mojeb, who has been in İstanbul as ...
Most Read Today
Demirtaş: I Have A Flat, Not A Palace 14 November 2018
Prison Sentence of WSJ Turkey Reporter Albayrak Overturned 14 November 2018
Women to Take to Squares on November 25 to Stand Against Violence 14 November 2018