Istanbul’s 13th High Criminal Court announced the first hearing date as October 20. The hearings will be held at Silivri Prison.
Veli Küçük is accused of “encouraging others to a organize a coup” and Doğu Perinçek is accused of “encouraging people to an armed uprising”
According to ntvmsnbc.com, primary accused of the Ergenekon indictment Veli Küçük is facing the charge of instigating a coup, the assaults on State Council and daily Cumhuriyet and the number two accused of the case, the leader of the Worker Party (İP), Doğu Perinçek, is accused with encouraging people to organize and be part of an armed uprising and a coup.
In the indictment, the Ergenekon organization is accused with establishing “nylon” (imaginary) terrorist organizations to create chaos. It is stated in the same indictment that no traces of the Ergenekon organization were found within the General Staff, the Police Department and the National Intelligence Organization (MİT). However, it is indicated that the Ergenekon organization was in the process of infiltrating these organizations.
Moreover, the indictment states that the Ergenekon document were found only in Veli Küçük, Doğu Perinçek and Tuncay Günay, that according to Günay’s testimony, the Ergenekon document was prepared with Veli Küçük’s instruction by Doğu Perinçek, Hasan Yalçın, Deniz Bilge and retired colonel Suphi Karaman, and that Ergenekon’s aim was to get the control of the government by destroying it from inside.
The Action Plan
- Acts in cities and countryside
- Civil War
Documents about the General Staff and the MİT were found in the facilities of the Worker Party (İP)
The “Kuvayi Milliye” (National Force) was preparing shock assassinations and murders. The date of the founding of the organization is stated as 1919 in the indictment. It is found out that the Worker Party was organizing itself within the Turkish armed Forces (TSK). Secret documents about the General Staff and the MİT were found in the headquarters of the Worker Party. Plans for assaulting the Nato Facilities were found.
According to the indictment, there is no relationship between the organization and the TSK and the MİT.
The indictment is asking ten-year prison sentence for journalist İlhan Selçuk
All the rest of the accused are facing the charge of being members of the organizations. Among these accused are İlhan Selçuk, Vedat Yenerer and Güler Kömürcü. The prosecutor is asking for up to ten years in jail for these accused. In the meantime, the court, which inspected the indictment, decided to continue keeping the accused under arrest.
There will be three secret witnesses in the case. It may take four to five days to hear all the accused and the witnesses in the trial that will be held in Silivri Prison.
Who is accused for what?
Veli Küçük: To instigate the assaults on State Council and daily Cumhuriyet
President of the Worker Party Doğu Perinçek: To form and manage an organization and to encourage an armed uprising.
İlhan Selçuk: To form and manage an organization
Muzaffer Tekin: To be an official of a terrorist organization, to encourage people to form an armed uprising
Kemal Kerinçsiz: To provoke an armed uprising, to keep and record secret documents
Oktay Yıldırım: To be a member in a terrorist organization and to provoke an uprising
Oktay Yıldırım: To be a member in a terrorist organization, to keep and record secret document
Kemal Alemdaroğlu: To form an armed organization and manage it
Ümit Sayın: To be a member of a terrorist organization and to encourage people to an armed uprising
Sami Hoştan, Sedat Peker and Ali Yasak: To be a member of a terrorist organization
Mehmet Fikri Karadağ: To form a terrorist organization, to try to bring down by force the government
- To encourage the soldier disobey the orders
- Revealing secret information that is not to be revealed
- Obtaining secret information that is not to be revealed
- To buy, sell, keep and have knives and other weapons without permission
- To use documents regarding the security of the state in ways other than destroying them, to obtain or steal such documents
- Misconduct in office
- To openly provoke people t hatred and hostility
- To record personal data in an illegal manner
- To start fire intentionally
- To kill a person for the public service he/she does
- To use explosives in a manner that creates fear, anxiety or panic
- To fire a weapon or damage property in a manner that creates fear, anxiety, panic
- To keep very few shells for weapons or buy, keep shells for unlicensed weapons
- To destroy documents regarding the security of state and to use them in unintended ways
- To provide weapons to the armed terrorist organization
- To form and manage an armed terror organization
- To become a member in an armed terrorist organization and
- To form an organization with the aim of committing crime
- To kill through by planning it first
- To keep dangerous items without permission or exchange them
- Not to present the accused, the sentenced and the evidence
- To provoke an armed uprising against the government of the Turkish Republic
- To try to destroy the government of the Turkish Republic or to prevent its working
- To buy explosives of unimportant kind and in unimportant amount
- To illegally bring weapons and shells into the country
- To manufacture, transfer, sell knife and other weapons into the country illegally (NZ/TB)
Related bianet News
The Ergenekon Trial Is on 25 July 2008Istanbul’s 13the Hight Criminal Court accepted the Ergenekon indictment. Thus the case with ...
Most Read Today
Erdoğan to Journalists: “Paid Charlatans” 22 May 2015
BEYZA KURAL IN DIYARBAKIR What Do People Think About the Elections in Diyarbakır? 22 May 2015
DEPUTY CANDIDATE FROM LDP MAKES SUGGESTION: “Marihuana Must Be Legal” 22 May 2015
Hürriyet Pays Compensation to the President 21 May 2015