Republican People’s Party (CHP) İstanbul MP Sezgin Tanrıkulu has submitted a parliamentary inquiry about Umut Kozay who died at the age of 5 in explosion resulting by an explosive device he found on the street.
Umut Kozay died as the explosive he and his elder brother Erhan Kozay (7) were playing with in Turkey’s southeastern Yüksekova district in Hakkari province. Umut Kozay died and Erhan Kozay was heavily wounded.
Addressing the statement issued by Hakkari Governorship concerning the incident, Tanrıkulu said that in the statement it was stated that the object was “an unexploded ammunition left from an operation”.
Stating that at least 95 people lost their lives, 6,770 houses were destroyed during the curfew that was declared by Hakkari Governorship on March 13, 2016 and lasted 78 days, Tanrıkulu added that at least 22 children lost their lives and 45 others were injured due to the explosions around within the last two years, according to the studies made by the NGOs.
* Tanrıkulu posed the following question to Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım:
* What is the type of explosion that killed Umut Kozay and injured Erhan Kozay?
* Is there any work towards clearing the mines and explosive devices in the settlements in the Eastern and Southeastern Region?
* If there is any investigation going on, when did it start and at what stage is it? If not, what is the justification?
* What are the names of those who died or were injured in the explosions resulted by landmines in Turkey over the last 10 years?
* What sort of compensations are being applied in casualties caused by landmines? If there is any, what is the cast of these compensations?
* What verdicts have the European Court of Human Rights rendered in the suits brought by those who died, suffered material loss or got injured?
Related bianet News
Unknown Object Explodes, Injures 2 Children in Diyarbakır 05 December 2016Playing with an object they found on the ground, M.İ. (13) and Ş.A. ...
Most Read Today
Journalist Karakaş Detained 22 January 2018
Writer Nurcan Baysal Detained Due to ‘Afrin Posts’ 22 January 2018
Assault on Afrika Newspaper in Northern Cyprus 22 January 2018
4th Day in Afrin Operation: FSA, YPG Clash 23 January 2018