Republican People’s Party (CHP) deputy Mahmut Tanal held a press conference at the parliament dedicated to November 20 Hate Crime Victim Trans Individual Commemoration Day.
He also submitted 5 parliamentarian inquiries and 1 law proposal on the topic.
The conference also included Buse Kılıçkaya, Selin Berghan, Melahat Deniz and Murat Köylü - representatives from LGBTI organizations Pembe Hayat and KaosGL.
Parliamentarian inquiries and law proposal
* Inquiry to Labor Minister Faruk Çelik: What are the government’s activities for the inclusion of LGBTIs in the job market?
* Inquiry to Family and Social Policies Minister Ayşenur İslam: What activities is the government doing in order to fulfill its national and international duties towards LGBTI people? Are there any activities that facilitate LGBTI people’s domestic violence complaints or social help requests?
* Inquiry to Family and Social Policies Minister Ayşenur İslam: What part of social help and social protection budgets are allocated for LGBTI people and what percentage of ministry activities can be beneficial for LBGTI people? Are there plans to build a shelter house for LGBTI people?
* Inquiry to Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ: Are there any profession-teaching activities targeted for LGBTI inmates and convicts in correction centers?
* Inquiry to Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ: Do you have any efforts for the recognition of LGBTI people’s rights and their protection?
* Law proposal: Amendment of Law No 4857 on Labor Article that said “Mandatory work quotas for people with disabilities or previous criminal record” to “Mandatory work quotas for people with disabilities or previous criminal record or trans background”. (ÇT/BM)
* Click here to read the article in Turkish.
Related bianet News
Turkey Now Has 4 LGBTI-Friendly Municipalities 31 March 20144 mayor candidates who have previously signed the LBGTI-friendly Municipality Protocol have unofficially ...