Ankara Chamber of Medicines released a statement regarding the situation of today’s injured protestors after a series of police interventions in downtown Ankara.
The statement stated that police fired extreme amounts of gas bombs and several people were injured. Some protestors have been reported to be in critical condition.
The chamber cited 414 protestors injured with 15 in critical condition.
“All injuries were due to gas bombs canisters that caused direct traumas, canister burns, intervention vehicle crushing and falls during running away from police stones and canisters,” the statement said.
“Today, a peaceful and democratic demonstration ended with heavy police attacks and armed intervention.”
According to eyewitnesses, some police forces allegedly aimed their gas bomb rifles at protestors.
“The total amount of gas in Kızılay [downtown] and its surroundings made it hard to breath, spreading it residential homes and workplaces. There are people with asthma and critical heart diseases. Lives of thousands of citizens were put into danger,” the statement continued
According to the input to the crisis desk, the chamber stated the situation and location of injured protestors as follows:
* Dışkapı Yıldırım Beyazıt Hospital, 12 injured with 1 head trauma,
* Numune Hospital, 30 injured, 1 grave head trauma,
* İbni Sina Hospital, 25 injured with 2 brain hemorrhage,
* Ankara Hospital, 7 injured,
* Hacettepe Hospital, 25 injured, 1 eye loss,
* Bayındır Kavaklıdere Hospital, 2 injured with 1 head trauma,
* Bayındır Söğütözü Hospital, 1 injured
* Çağ Hospital, 70 injured, burns and skin injuries due to gas bombs, 4 with broken limbs, 4 skull injuries.,
* Medicana Hospital, 31 injured with 30 being police officers.
* Akay Hospital, 105 injured.
In addition, some emergency rooms formed by democratic society organizations and political parties hospitalized roughly 100 injured people. The emergency room formed by Ankara Chamber of Medicines received 7 injured protestors with 1 grave head trauma (AS/BM)
Most Read Today
2nd HEARING OF BÜYÜKADA TRIAL No Release for Rights Advocate Kılıç, Only Defendant Still in Detention Pending Trial 22 November 2017
US: We’ve Heard That Story, That Old Same Song and Dance from Turkey 22 November 2017
Protest Against Mall ‘Exhibiting’ Wild Animal in Cage in Ankara 20 November 2017